Saturday, August 22, 2009

I guess she is "retired"...

A piece of junk mail caught me off guard today. I looked at it, said to myself "Nope, this doesn't belong at this address," and shoved it to the back of my hand. Once I gave it a little more thought, however, I had to look at it again. The name on this piece of mail -- Sarah Palin.

It was from the AARP, lol. I guess now that she has "retired" she can be a member. Of course, the AARP is one of those groups I don't understand anyway. I've seen a couple of people on my route get the AARP newsletter at the place where they work. Now, if you're working, you aren't retired, so you don't need in the AARP.

Also, I swear the AARP sends out the same magazine like 2 or 3 months in a row. It has the same person on the cover anyway. I guess they figure these people are old; they'll forget if they read these articles a few weeks ago.

But back to Sarah Palin. I'm pretty sure she didn't live at this address. For one, I searched the entire residence and could find nowhere in which you could see Russia in viewing distance of this house. Truth is, it was probably just someone being a prankster. Reminds me of a name I used to see on the other side of town -- Mary Christmas. Although, in Mary's case, I believe she was actually a real person. Crazy name. I bet I could guess her nickname in school. Ho, Ho, Ho, Mary Christmas.

No comments: